Signs of the times
Some messages seen recently on signs around El Salvador:
- In a globalized world -- success is in English -- on a sign for courses at a local college.
- Be builders of Social Peace -- painted on a brick wall topped with razor wire.
- When you pay your taxes, you win. San Salvador - We're moving forward! -- message of municipal government on signs all around the city.
- We're waiting for you in Houston and Los Angeles -- billboard of a Salvadoran chain of stores selling furniture and appliances.
- We are working on the damage caused by Hurricane Stan -- regarding flood and landslide damage which ocurred in October 2005.
- You chose her. Protect her. Think, Control Yourself, Be Faithful -- sign promoting government AIDS prevention campaign.
- FMLN 2009 -- getting an early start on the campaign.